The Institute for Innovation Development
- an educational and business development catalyst for growth oriented financial advisors and industry executives - will be having a regional stakeholder meeting in the Buckhead area of Atlanta on Wednesday 3/2 1-4pm. We will have a cross-section of our strategic partners, Founding members, and innovation experts from our Advisory Board to discuss progressive industry topics and explore new initiatives and resources from the Institute. All stakeholders are cordially invited!
Featured guest speakers include:
Larry White, The Ritz Group and Corporate Foundry/Brite Idea Lab -
Larry is dedicated to enhancing Georgia's entrepreneurial investment community and leveraging his corporate and entrepreneurial expertise to provide major corporations, small businesses, and higher education with a suite of programs and technologies to foster internal and open 360 Innovation.
Thomas Mark Keith, AI Innovation Technology
-Mark will share a new application in the artificial intelligence field- digitizing wisdom and replicating human expertise. Its benefit is in closing the quality gap of subjective decisions between an expert and others making similar decisions. This innovative approach in the field of decision science is disrupting "Big Data" and has important implications for every organization including financial services. Be one of the first to explore this new approach in leveraging artificial intelligence in unique ways.
Vance Howard, Howard Capital Management
- Vance will discuss his expertise on the application of risk management algorithms to the retirement plans arena. His 401k Optimizer is Dalbar certified as a ‘computer model’ which meets the detailed requirements of ERISA for fiduciary relief.
Gregory Todd Jones Ph.D., Faculty University of GA -
Dr. Jones will share a fascinating technology that can read marketing material both printed and on-line, assess the message and compare that brand’s position to like kind organizations. Displayed in a 3D visualization, advisors firms can understand their brand in relation to others and identify crowded and open spaces in the landscape where they tweak their brand to rise above the noise of a commoditized industry and create competitive advantage.
Here are some of the Institute's initiatives and programs we are developing and which we will also be discussing:
1. Advisor practice management 3.0
- developing 2 levels of innovation best practice training for growth-oriented advisor groups (keynotes/workshops/training series/Advisory Board innovation experts)
PracMgt 1.0 = core business/marketing training
- excellent and needed training but designed and works best in a stable environment, not rapid business change
PracMgt 2.0 = tech/digital marketing training
- vital, but technology is a tool, not the solution
PracMgt 3.0 = innovation best practice training
- becoming a continuously self assessing firm that can adapt to the external business & cultural changes for growth, differentiation, and client engagement
- 2 levels of professional development: innovation mindset and 4 business innovation decisions/steps needed now.
2. "redefining retirement" "entrepreneurial services" & "community innovation engagement" programs
- 3 specific local community innovation marketing/branding opportunities for financial advisors.
Advisors as social entrepreneurs
- Another component and goal of the institute and the above programs are to mobilize the financial advisor community to become recognized as "social entrepreneurs" by being more fully aware and active in supporting local/regional entrepreneurial efforts and economic development. The Institute is developing strategies for advisors on how to find and collaborate with startup community leaders in their communities. This can provide advisors with a powerful local community engagement strategy that will help them work with and support business owners, CEOs/CFOs, family offices, millennials, educational institutions, and local community centers of influence.
3. FinTech Radar program
- building more communication & access between start-up community and financial services leaders to support access to latest new ideas, technologies, investment products, platforms and client engagement services.
Stakeholders of the Institute (Founding Sponsors, Founding Innovator members, Advisory Board members, and strategic partners) are invited and able to invite a limited number of guests.
Others interested in attending should contact:
Bill Hortz, Founder/Dean,
Institute for Innovation Development
For more information and list of benefits for joining the Institute for Innovation Development, visit: